Another Step Closer to Summer Camp!!
Start planning your summer 2020!
The good news is Governor Baker has begun the reopening of the economy in Massachusetts this week. And while summer camps are listed in Phase 2, it does provide us with a good measure of hope that we may be able to open in early summer. Just exactly when yet is still unknown. We also learned the Departments of Early Education and Care and Public Health are developing guidelines that will balance families’ need for child care with health and safety. Given that the Y is already operating child care centers safely and effectively, the transition of those same procedures and precautions to a summer camp setting can be made and be equally successful. Add in super fun summer time activities for engagement and you’ve got the perfect recipe for the best summer ever!
- Camp Registration Online! YMCA Cape Cod has launched its online registration process and it can be found on our website: https://ymcacapecod.org/programs/camp/. We encourage families to register as soon as possible. The Y is waiting on regulations regarding camp size, program dates, and transportation. Here are some details regarding our commitment to opening this summer:
- The actual start date of camp will be no sooner than June 29th. Anyone who registers for a week that is later determined not to be offered, will be fully refunded.
- The hours of operation may be effected by the new regulations. Once determined, any family who finds the operating hours unacceptable will be fully refunded.
- Camp capacity will be determined by the regulatory agencies. If we end up with more registrations than we can accommodate, we will accept campers on a first come, first serve basis. Preregistered families turned away due to capacity limits will be fully refunded.
- Bus transportation may be effected by the new regulations. If buses are not allowed to operate, families will be expected to transport their children to and from camp. Families who need to cancel their registrations due to the lack of transportation, will be fully refunded.
- If you have already registered for Week 1, June 22-26, please contact the Camp Registrar at 508-362-6500 x113 to reschedule. For Falmouth camp only, please call x148.
- Safety First! Safety has always been a top priority for the Y and we will follow CDC, state & local corona virus guidelines around protecting children, families and staff from the spread of the virus. We are re-envisioning our daily routines to establish protocols for safety around cleaning and disinfecting, social distancing, hand washing, eating, transportation and activities.
- Communication! The Y will continue to share our evolving plans for this summer. Be on the lookout for notices regarding developments.
The Y camp directors and staff are looking forward to seeing you again and creating the “Best Summer Ever!”