Small Business Day on Beacon Hill
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Omni Parker House Hotel |60 School Street, Boston, MA 02108
*To REGISTER, please email Casey.Flanagan@NFIB.org. Registration is free for all
Massachusetts small business owners and we strongly encourage you to bring guests!*
This is your chance to say enough is enough!
To ensure your voice as a job creator is heard, NFIB and our ally business organizations will host
a Small Business Day on Beacon Hill as an opportunity educate policy makers on the effects of
legislative proposals that increase the cost of doing business and prevent your business from
growing and creating more jobs.
This year alone Massachusetts small businesses potentially face:
• 26 weeks of paid medical leave and 16 weeks of paid family leave (partially employer
• $15 minimum wage
• A 4% income tax surcharge for pass-thru entities (the so-called millionaires tax)
• A newly imposed MassHealth assessment
• Double-digit health care premium increases
• Highest in the nation energy costs
The agenda will include guest speakers, an update on key legislation from our expert panel, a
chance to provide feedback to key legislators, and meet with your elected officials. Registration
will begin at 9:30 a.m. with program to follow shortly after.