Life Coach/Case Manager
Full-time Position – Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Plymouth and Yarmouth.
Please visit us at lifecapecod.org to learn more about us. LIFE is an equal opportunity employer who celebrates the diversity of our staff.
LIFE is growing again and we are now seeking a Full Time LIFE Coach/Case Manager to assist our wonderful residents in fulfilling their independent potential by assisting them in managing their daily life skills – re: household management, shopping, menu planning, cooking, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, transportation needs, medical appointments, entertainment, etc. Position hours are primarily normal business hours with two evening activities weekly. Some weekend rotation of coverage may be needed. Position comes with EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills. Must be a team player! Experience with Learning Disabled Individual population a plus. Social Services work experience highly desired.
Bachelor’s Degree OR closely related experience required.
• Assists assigned residents with the management of their bills and finances
• Meets individually with assigned residents, provide assessment of strengths and needs in all areas, and writes appropriate objectives and goals
• Assures adequate attention is given to skill and growth in all aspects of the resident’s life and helps prioritize areas of emphasis in conjunction with the Employment Team
• Participates as requested in team-related services; staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family etc.
• Plans, organizes and facilitates activity two evenings weekly
• Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session or significant communication with residents
• Works with residents to accomplish daily life needs as independently as possible. Example: cooking, laundry, etc.
• Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot or should not be provided by the Life Coach: example: medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, house cleaner, etc.
• Communicates with parents and guardians as needed to be sure the resident is receiving the best support possible.
• Focus all interactions towards helping the residents increase their independence and the quality of their day to day LIFE.
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid and any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid driver’s license required with acceptable driving record and dependable transportation; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
To apply, please respond to this posting with a brief cover letter including you address and phone number and your resume to email@example.com