The Club at New Seabury is hiring!
The Club is looking to fill multiple roles, including a Human Resource Generalist. Click this link to apply and see other available positions.
_ Position Overview_
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for evaluating, counseling, advising and providing knowledge of benefits and the overall Human Resources functions for both New Seabury Golf Club and Grand Harbor Club located in Florida. Position is located in Massachusetts.
- Collaborate with managers to post positions, update and communicate with interested candidates regarding available positions.
- Provide input into hiring decisions.
- Conduct on-boarding of new hires with managers
- Manage background checks, drug screens and verify new hire information.
- Resolve unemployment related claims.
- Manage compliance initiatives (i.e. I-9 & OSHA log reporting).
- Address employee performance management and employee relations.
- Analyze and provide input into termination decisions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ensure employee files are up-to-date.
- Manage all benefit plans including health insurance, dental insurance, dependent care, Health Savings Account, life insurance, long term disability, 401(k), etc.
- In coordination with the Sr. Hr Generalist manage leave and accommodation programs including federal and state leaves, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Manage all accident reporting including the Accident Investigation process and Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Supports Director of Human Resources with the annual renewal and benefits enrollment process.
- Conduct benefit meetings for new hires and employees that have a change in their benefit status.
- Responsible for record keeping of ADP payroll system and back up to Payroll Specialist.
- Effectively and promptly respond to and resolve employee requests, changes, questions and issues that arise with timesheet submissions and changes with heightened volume.
- Synchronize payroll processes with Payroll Specialist.
- Support employees and managers using ADP Workforce Now system including training, issue resolution, and monitoring activity/user behavior.
- Monitor federal and state tax withholding information and direct deposit data.
- Assist in 401(k) payroll-related activities.
- Audit, analyze and maintain garnishment information.
- Process off cycle checks for terminations and other miscellaneous payouts.
- Complete state and federal required census forms
- Analyze time-sheet and other payroll submissions, such as adjustments, PTO requests, expenses, etc. with attention to detail and detection of discrepancies in working with the Payroll Specialist.
- Regularly evaluate and recommend any identified process improvements or adjustments to streamline or increase quality of the payroll process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of payroll related rules (Taxes, FLSA/DOL Regulations).
- Must display excellent external and internal customer service.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show judgment and decision making ability as well as the ability to problem solve is required.
- Knowledge of employment and benefits laws.
- Must be comfortable with timely deadlines.
- Shows initiative with task orientation.
- Proficient in computer knowledge/applications including MS Office, ADP-WFN payroll a plus.
- Must have general accounting knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be very accurate with a well-developed attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least a minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience.
- Preferred experience supporting 450+ employees.
- Minimum of 2 years benefit, full cycle recruitment required