Our Mission — Excellence in Service, Training and Research
May Institute proudly serves individuals across the lifespan with autism, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, neurological disorders, behavior disorders, and mental illness to promoteindependence, choice, dignity, and respect. We provide compassionate and caring educational, therapeutic, habilitative, and consulting services grounded in evidence-based practice.
May Institute is committed to excellence in specialized services through training, research, and the highest level of professional expertise to meet the broad range of needs in individuals, families, schools, and communities.
We will make a difference every day in the lives of the children, adolescents, and adults we serve.
As a service provider, we will:
- Deliver the highest quality services and state-of-the-art interventions
- Commit to continual service improvements through research
- Maintain fiscal stability through sound management and growth strategies
As an employer, we will:
- Be an employer of choice with the best trained, dedicated, and diverse workforce
- Foster an environment of respect
- Facilitate excellent and open lines of communication
As a recognized leader, we will:
- Provide innovative, evidence-based care
- Hire experts in the field
- Publish research and present at national conferences
- Promote transparency and accountability to our stakeholders