Now seeking a Full Time Life Coach/Case Supervisor to assist residents in fulfilling their potential by assisting them in managing their daily life skills – re: household management, shopping, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, medical appointments, entertainment, etc.
Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills & strong computer skills. Must be a team player! Experience with Learning Disabled Individuals a plus; Education and or appropriate job experience desired.
- Meets individually with assigned residents, provide assessment of strengths and needs in all areas and writes appropriate objectives
- Assures adequate attention is given to skill and growth in all aspects of the resident’s life and helps prioritize areas of emphasis in conjunction with the Money Manager and Employment Team
- Participates as requested in team-related services; staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family etc.
- Develops and teaches groups and/or classes to address needs within the Individual Service Plans (ISP) as needed
- Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session or significant communication with residents
- Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot or should not be provided by the Life Coach: e.g. medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, housecleaner, etc.
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid; must be willing to attend any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid driver’s license required; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to LIFE ATTN: HR; 550 Lincoln Road. Ext; Hyannis, MA 02601 or email HR@lifecapecod.org.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism and intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Mashpee, Hyannis, Falmouth, Plymouth & Yarmouth.