LIFE COACH – Mashpee
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Experience with LD population; CPR & First Aid certification; Human Rights training; BS/BA in related field; “clean” driving record.
Life Coach/Case management is a service designed to assist residents in managing his/her life skills – household management, shopping, personal presentation and hygiene, appropriate behavioral and social skills, travel arrangements, etc. Life Coaches are supervised weekly by the SIL Supervisor.
Resident Service Provision:
- For new residents, provides assessment of strengths and needs in all areas. For all current residents, writes Casework objectives for annual Goals Meeting and completes progress reviews.
- Meets individually with assigned residents according to pre-determined number of hours allocated, and provides additional hours as needed for issues of emergency or major concern.
- Assures that adequate attention is given to skill and growth of all areas in the resident’s life, in conjunction with the Money Manager and Employment Team, through weekly review, and helps prioritize areas of emphasis.
- Participates as requested in team-related services; staff meetings, housemate issues, case reviews with staff and/or family.
- Provides in-persons and phone liaison with community individuals and/or professionals with the client or on his/her behalf, as assigned by SIL Supervisor.
- Accompanies residents to medical or counseling appointments, as assigned by supervisor, to provide and receive input regarding the resident’s needs.
- Develops and teaches groups and/or classes to address needs within the Individual Service Plans as assigned by SIL Supervisor.
- Writes service reports as routine documentation after every session and/or significant contact with resident, according to defined documentation procedures. Submits case management and family communication reports and billing forms (for payroll) on time as instructed by supervisor.
- Makes recommendations to meet needs of residents which cannot/should not be provided by the Life Coach: e.g. medication, therapy by licensed clinician, private tutor, housecleaner, etc.
- Clear and document all communication with family members with the SIL Supervisor. Please submit letter of interest and resume to LIFE ATTN: HR; 550 Lincoln Rd. Ext; Hyannis, MA 02601 or HR@lifecapecod.org.